I discovered this great divorce article and wanted to share it with my readers. For anyone thinking about divorce, this article is called “10 Steps to Avoid Losing Your Shirt in a Divorce” and it highlights some insightful points. Before you get too involved with the steps listed below, contact me to assure that you take the proper steps in the proper order to prepare for a divorce.
Properly preparing for a divorce can save you money, time, frustration and heartache. Having someone by your side to walk you through the necessary steps and guide you through the tough decisions will make the process smoother. Modern divorce is not about extramarital affairs or lost romance. It’s about the money. Finances, taxes, businesses, real estate, assets, inheritance, alimony, and health insurance are just a few of the many concerns. Get the most you can from your fading marriage, by contacting us first!
10 Steps For Not Loosing Your Shirt In A Divorce
1. Follow the money.
2. Dig into your spouse’s business.
3. Protect your flanks.
4. Nail down any money you brought to the marriage.
5. Understand the pension and retirement accounts.
6. Don’t expect permanent alimony.
7. Investigate and understand your rights for continuation of health benefits when you don’t have your own group plan.
8. Get tax advice right from the start if there’s a lot of money at stake.
9. Get financial planning advice right from the start.
10. Put $$$ in your pocket by avoiding a battle with your spouse.
Read the full article by Jane Bryant Quinn of CBS New: Click Here
Need Family Legal Advice?
Call (978) 681-5454 or request a FREE 30 Minute Consultation through our online contact form. Visit our website to learn more. _________________________________________________________________