Meet Pat Fernandez
Pat Fernandez is the founder of Patricia S. Fernandez & Associates, operating from 1996 through 1999 and from 2003 through the present. Concentrating in domestic relations practice since 1986, Pat handles divorces, modifications, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, paternity issues, and approval of minors’ entertainment contracts. She provides mediation, arbitration and conciliation services. She is certified as an arbitrator through the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. She also has , Receiver, Trustee, Conciliator, Discovery Master and Guardian Ad Litem.
Pat employs her extensive experience to craft intelligent solutions to clients’ problems and to guide clients towards realistic goals. While aiming to resolve matters in the manner most cost-efficient and beneficial to her clients, Pat has ample trial experience from which to draw, should it become necessary. Pat has conducted numerous trials (one as long as 15 days) in the Massachusetts Probate and Family Courts,. Pat has consistently appeared in “Best Lawyers in America” since 2006 and has been named a “Massachusetts Super Lawyer” every year since 2005.
From 1999 through 2003, Pat was a founder and partner of the family law firm, Perocchi & Fernandez, LLP in North Andover, MA. Prior to founding her own domestic relations practices, Pat worked for ten years in the family law division of Brown, Rudnick, Freed & Gesmer, P.C. in Boston, MA.
Pat’s pro bono activities include serving as a conciliator through the Essex County Bar Association Conciliation Program and serving as Trustee of the Violet H. Simmons Scholarship Fund. Pat has served in leadership roles in the Massachusetts Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Massachusetts Family & Probate American Inn of Court, Massachusetts Bar Association and the Lawrence Bar Association. In 2010 Pat was appointed a hearing committee member of the Board of Bar Overseers which handles professional misconduct issues.
• Yale Law School, J.D., 1986
• Wellesley College, B.A.,1983, Psychology, Durant Scholar (magna cum laude)
• Phi Beta Kappa
• Massachusetts Bar Association (Member 1994 – present)
• American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Fellow 2001 – present)
• Women’s Bar Association of Massachusetts (Member 1995 – 1998)
• Massachusetts Family & Probate American Inn of Court (Member 1998 – present)
• Essex County Bar Association, (Member 2001 – present)
• Lawrence Bar Association (Member 2008 – present)
• Massachusetts Family & Probate American Inn of Court (Board of Directors 2002 – 2007)
• Massachusetts Family & Probate American Inn of Court (Vice President 2001 – 2002)
• Massachusetts Family & Probate American Inn of Court (Secretary 2000 – 2001)
• Massachusetts Bar Association Family Law Council (Reporter 2000 – 2001)
• American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyer (Secretary 2009-2011; treasurer 2011-2012
• Lawrence Bar Association(Executive Committee Member 2009 – 2011)
Need Legal Advice?
Call (978) 681-5454 or request a FREE 30 Minute Consultation through our online contact form.